Sunday, February 13, 2011

REPLICATING CHILE IN GHANA – HOW I PLAN TO GET TRAPPED AND RESCUED!


First Published on October 14th 2010

After watching more of the inspiring scenes from the Miners rescue in Chile and after receiving hundreds, if not thousands of comments and messages from most of you; I am more motivated to embark on my mission to inspire our dear country by getting trapped in a mine and subsequently getting rescued, that is, replicating the scenes in Chile. More importantly, I plan with your support not only to replicate what happened in Chile but to stage in a more interesting and eye catching manner so as to make it more news worthy and ensure that I really achieve my aim of inspiring this Nation which is so difficult to inspire!

To make this mission successful, I would kindly request for the following items to be provided to me by well wishers and Nationalists who see the importance of me sacrificing myself to get trapped and subsequently get rescued (very important!). I would need

• Two Hi-tech phones and 10 spare batteries each(say an Android and an I Phone)-
One with an MTN chip since am sure discounts would be high in the mine and one with my Vodafone chip. These phones would not only be used by me to communicate with my family, friends and loved one (secretly) but it would also be used most especially to post on facebook and Twitter; thus making my Trapping the first Social Media powered Mine Trapping and add something we did not hear from Chile.

• Two boxes of Don Simon Fruit Juice (one Multifruta and one Manzana)

• One full box of Milo and Two boxes of Tin Milk


• 5 Voltic boxes (just in case incompetence slows down the pace of rescue)

• One Smart TV Decoder (since it does not need a Dish), so I can follow the major Leagues and News events around the world


• And someone to assure me of a regular supply of Hausa Koko in the mornings and Banku and Pepper with Tilapia or Red Fish/ Apem Ampesi to go with kontomire interlaced with koobi and palm oil in the afternoons. It should not be doubted that this mission, I am about to embark on is purely sacrificial – these foods have been chosen specifically as a way of promoting Ghanaian foods during the rescue as I expect the major News Networks like CNN, BBC, Aljazeera, Reuters, AP, Fox News, DW, Al Arabiya, Xinhua, Intertax etc. to follow it with much keen interest compared to the Chilean rescue.

To ensure that my trapping attracts significant local interest, I have decided to get trapped on a sold/ grabbed Government land – though I have not decided yet whether to get trapped on one sold/grabbed under the NDC or the NPP or whether to get trapped at Ofankor (plot no. 7 maybe), Cantoments or West Legon. I am still receiving suggestions and would urge well meaning people like you to help me get a well suited land on which I can get trapped.


Since I cannot dig the mine, I would need some of you especially the men to dig the mine once we get the appropriate land. You should be reminded that the mine to be dug would not be child’s play! You would be required to dig a mine which would be deeper that 7,000 metres and ensure that it is dug in a way which would not put my life at risk. The base of the Mine should be large enough to hold all the items, I would take with me. Since we need to stage this trapping very quickly, I would urge those of you who would dig the mine not to lazy about but to approach your enviable duties with all the seriousness in the interest of our nation.

After the mine is dug, all the items demanded apart from those to be supplied daily would be lowered into the mine after which I would lower myself into the mine for the drama to begin!

Now these are some of the things I would like you to do in the interest of the mission, once I get into the mine.
1. Once in the mine, only announce my disappearance; don’t announce the prospects of me being in the mine until after 20 days. This is because the Chilean Miners were discovered after only 17days and thus ours should be longer to break their record and because I am fully aware that if no okro mouth informs the police or any rescue team to be put in place, they would have no clue about my whereabouts.

2. Let me remind you that during these 20days, I would need to be supplied with the Hausa koko and koose in the mornings and Banku with pepper and Tilapia or Apem Amp3si with kontomire. This is very vital and needs to be constantly mentioned.



3. After the 20 days, try and ensure that the police or Rescue team finds the Mine. when it is discovered, ensure that no overzealous NADMO official attempts any hurriedly organized rescue with pickaxes and shovels; that would put my life at risk and mean disaster for me and the mission. On the other hand convince the officials that the best form of rescue would have to be one in a similar to the Chile rescue with a narrow capsule and all that.


4. As soon as I get trapped, bring my disappearance and trapping to the attention of the Major World News Media most of which I have outlined above. Make sure my trapping becomes major news by the time the mine is discovered. If they show their disinterest in the issue or don’t show as much interest as they showed in the Chilean situation, accuse them widely of been racist and of putting more premium on Western and Latin lives than that of Africans; it is my hope that this approach would get them to pay more attention and give the trapping and rescue the needed attention it deserves.


5. I don’t belief he would do so but just in case the President refuses to spend the millions of dollars needed for my rescue just like the Chilean government did, I would need you to accuse him of being a father for a few and of intentionally seeking my death because of my political affiliation. Get the whole world to know that the refusal to put in the needed funds and materials to rescue me is because of my political stance! Try and get the NPP and AFAG to organize news conference after news conference and even get the Minority to boycott parliament! I hope it does not come to this, but with this government, you can never tell so we have to make preparations for it!

In ending, I would like to urge all of you to stay committed to this course which is in the supreme interest of the nation! For Ghana’s sake we need to ensure that this mission is successful and the onus lies on all of you to ensure this. If the Chileans could do it then we can also do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment